Halloween and Fall Kids' Events in Andersonville
In addition to WANT's own Ghostly Garden, autumn in Andersonville brings lots of other fun events for children. Here's our list - let us know if you have any other suggestions!
- Quest Pumpkin Patch: October 19 between 10am and 4pm at Catalpa & Ashland (parking lot). Costume contest at 1:30pm, Halloween Spectacle at 2pm, pumpkin carving, face-painting, spooky story time, and more! More details here.
- RPMS Pumpkinpalooza: October 19 between 11am and 2pm at Rogers Park Montessori. Pumpkin patch and more, with proceeds to benefit RPMS.
- Gethsemane Gardens Children's Fall Festival: October 26 between 11am and 4pm. Enjoy music, face-painting, pony rides and more! Check Gethsemane's website for details.
- Cheetah Gym Trick-or-Treating and Costume Contest: October 26 during the afternoon. Check Cheetah's website for updates.
- Howl-o-Ween Dog Parade & Costume Contest: October 26, 12pm at Ravenswood & Winona. Dogs in costumes! $5 entry fee for dogs, free for humans. Prizes awarded, and there will be refreshments and raffle prizes.
- If you want to range further afield, here's a list of festivals and events outside the city.
- Chicago Park District has Halloween events for all ages at parks throughout the city during October.
- Check out pumpkin patches outside Chicago.
- Don't forget about the Swedish Museum's Brunk Children's Museum of Immigration for those rainy fall days! And the Swedish Museum offers an after-school program every first and third Thursday from 3:30-4:30pm.